Below you will find downloadable forms. If you have general questions, please contact the School's Office of Student Services at 631-444-3141. For academic advisement, contact our Lead Academic Advisor, Christine.Corrado@stonybrook.edu or call 631-444-3167
All SSW students:
- If you would like to request a waiver of a required course, please complete the Petition for Waiver form.
- In order to request a change of your faculty advisor, please complete the Change of Advisor Request form.
For BSW students:
- If you would like to apply for an Independent Study, please carefully follow the instructions in the program handbook and complete the BSW Independent Study Proposal Cover Sheet.
- If you would like to request transfer credits towards your BSW degree, please read the Pre-approval for Transfer Credits and complete the Petition for Transfer Credits form.
For MSW Students:
- If you would like to request transfer credits toward your MSW degree, please complete the Petition for Transfer Credits form.
- If you are doing a Specialization during the 2nd year of your MSW program, you will need to complete the Assignment Verification Form for your HWC 515 Advanced Social Work Micro Practice I and HWC 516 Advanced Social Work Macro Practice I courses.
- If you would like to apply for an Independent Study, please carefully follow the instructions in the program handbook and complete the Independent Study Proposal Cover Sheet.
- If you are writing a Masters Project, please use the template for your title page.
- In preparation for meeting with your Faculty Advisor regarding graduation, you will need the Petition for Graduation and Summary Checklist forms, together with an unofficial copy of your transcript from Solar. Specific instructions and deadlines will be sent by the School's Office of Student Services in anticipation of graduation. Generally, the forms are due in November for December graduates and in April for May/August graduates.
- Non-Matriculated Application
For PhD students:
- Please see the PhD Program Handbooks and Forms page:
For all Students and Faculty:
- SSW COMPLEMENTARY POLICY FOR P211: Responsible Conduct of Research and Scholarship (RCRS) Training (Instructions for accessing the CITI online training)
- SSW Complementary Policy for P211: Responsible Conduct of Research and Scholarship (RCRS) Training